1. Preheat oven to180ºC (360ºF).
2. Combine semolina sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
Blend in the combined butter, yoghurt and vanilla.
4. Fold berries lightly through mixture.
5. Spoon into
greased and base-lined 20cm round tin. (greased & parchment lined 8" pan)
6. Smooth surface.
almonds lightly into top.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre
of the cake.
9. Allow to rest for 10minutes, before inverting onto a wire rack.
10. Serve cake in wedges
with cream and a dusting of icing sugar, if desired.
My family enjoyed this cake.
Here we have 2 kinds of semolina. A very fine one and a coarser one I prefer. This recipe uses the fine one.
Editor’s Note: Semolina flour is a Durum wheat flour that is more coarsely ground than normal wheat flours,
a result that is often obtained by sifting out the finer flour.