1. In a saucepan, add gelatin to sweet and sour mix and stir.
2. Add 1/2 c sugar, salt and egg yolks.
Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatine dissolves. Do not boil.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Add tequila
and triple sec and stir until mixture starts to mound.
6. Add drop of green food coloring.
7. Let gelatin
8. Separately, beat egg whites until stiff.
9. Fold 1/3 c sugar into stiffened egg whites.
10. Add whipped cream.
11. Fold cooled gelatin mixture into egg white mixture.
12. Pour everything
into cooked pie shell.
Serve garnished with a dollop of whipped cream a thin twist of lime.
At Christmas add some Red Hots or a maraschino
cherry and maybe a spriggy leaf or two!
This pie tastes EXACTLY like a margarita without the salt. It will look like a Key Lime pie (more or less), but will have
that sharp "gotcha" taste!
Serves 6 - 8.