1. Cream together margarine, shortening, and sugar.
2. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating thoroughly
after each addition.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder; add alternately to batter with milk.
Add flavorings last and beat well.
5. Bake in a 10-inch tube pan at 325ºF for 1-1/2 hours (check this first it seems
like a long time even at 325).
6. Cool in pan for ten minutes.
7. Add Glaze, if desired.
1. Combine in heavy sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is melted.
3. Spoon half of hot mixture over cake before removing from pan.
4. Keep remaining Glaze on low heat while
Glaze soaks into the cake.
Stays moist and freezes well.