1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and
sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Beat in
6. Add dry ingredients alternately with water to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir
7. Spread batter in greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
8. Bake till cake tests done. (30
- 35 minutes?) Cool before frosting.
The frosting I like tastes so much like yummy old fashioned fudge without all the work. And if you over cooked it and added
walnuts I don't know why you couldn't use it as fudge. My mom used to hate it when hers would break on top of the cake but
we loved it!
1. Put sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. When sugar is
dissolved, add chips, remove from the heat and stir till smooth.
3. Pour onto cooled cake.
I know it will seem a little thin, kind of like syrup but it will set up fine.
Make this when there are a lot of chocolate lovers around or well you know what will happen.....lol