1. Remove outer skin from onions.
2. Cut a well in the center of the onion.
3. Pack butter down
into the well.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Put them in a Pyrex casserole.
6. Cover with
either a lid or plastic wrap.
7. Microwave for about 4 minutes (for 2 onions).
8. Check for doneness, rotate
the dish, and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, depending.
Don't overcook them, as they will continue to cook for a minute or two after you take them out.
So simple, and delicious!
BTW, you can also add a dash of garlic powder to them if you like garlic -- and who doesn't, except maybe Dracula (or was
it the Wolf Man?..hmmmm).