1. Mix pecans, salt and seasonings in small bowl.
2. In dry small heavy skillet or saucepan,
cook sugar over moderate heat, stirring with fork until melted.
3. Cook without further stirring by swirling skillet
or pan until sugar is a golden caramel.
4. Add pecan mixture and stir to coat nuts.
5. Spoon praline onto
buttered sheet pan or foil and cool.
6. Chop praline fine..can be stored up to 3 days ahead, keep in airtight container.
1. Season scallops and saute in butter and olive oil until golden and just cooked through.
3. In large bowl whisk together lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper to taste,
4. Peel and pit avocado, slice in 1/2 " thick wedges, cut wedges in half add to dressing.
Finally, add scallops with any liquid remaining in skillet, spinach and Praline, toss gently to coat.
Yields 6 individual servings.
When I made this salad, I kept the scallops aside and arranged them on top of individual servings of salad instead...it
is soooo good!!!