1. Cook pasta ‘al dente’ (firm, not mushy!), drain and rinse immediately with cold water and drain again.
2. Put in large bowl.
3. Add cut Salami, Provolone cheese, bell peppers, onions and black olives.
Prepare both packages of the Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing mix, using the extra-virgin olive oil and red wine
vinegar as the oil and vinegar in the package directions.
5. Add the Basil to this mixture.
6. Add about
3/4 of the dressing to the pasta mixture, mixing thoroughly.
7. Store the rest of the dressing for use later, if
8. Add the grated Romano cheese and mix well.
9. Add salt and pepper.
for at least 6 hours.
If, at serving time, it seems a bit dry (from having absorbed the dressing!) add enough of the reserved dressing to moisten
it to the desired consistency.
I got this recipe from a guy who is quite a chef! It is the best tasting salad!! The name is his doing!!