1. Boil potatoes until tender.
2. Mash together with skim milk and pepper until smooth; keep warm.
3. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
4. Heat a heavy, nonstick skillet, at least 10 inches in diameter, over medium-high
5. Add ground beef and saute, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
Pour contents of pan, add onion and cook until onion are translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Add bell pepper, carrots,
peas, parsley, chicken stock, salt, pepper and Worchestershire sauce.
8. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into meat mixture.
10. Spoon into an ungreased 9" x 11" x 2" baking dish.
11. Spread mashed potatoes over the surface, using a fork for texture.
12. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until
This changes every time I make it. Last night I had enough potatoes for two layers with the meat in between. You can put
mixed veggies in or tomatoes if you like. You can use leftover roast beef, lamb or the ground beef. If I have leftover beef
gravy I will put that in. I like it that way the most, more flavor.